Greetings from ENT Clinics of San Antonio~
We realize this is a difficult time for all and wish to assure you the safety of our Patients and Staff is of paramount importance during the COVID-19 Era. We are following a screening protocol for Patients coming in; as well as other CDC guidelines to ensure your well-being and that of our Staff. As Always, we appreciate and cherish the trust you place in us and look forward to taking care of your healthcare needs. Please visit our website (https://entofsa.com) and FaceBook (@entofsa) pages for additional, updated information.
Recognizing the continued and expanded need for our services; we are open to serve your healthcare needs and now offer both Office and Virtual Telemedicine appointments through our new TeleHealth platform (Doxy.me). Please contact our Patient Care Center (210) 249-4838 to schedule your appointments.
To our Patients; we would like to provide the following updates:
1. Telemedicine Our Telemedicine / TeleHealth appointments include both audio and video allowing our Physicians to provide for your care; while being mindful of social distancing preferences. Should you choose and be eligible for a Telemedicine visit, you will be sent a Link to use in the web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) of your device (PC, Cell Phone or Tablet). Upon clicking the link, you will be placed in a Virtual Waiting Room until the Doctor is ready to join. You will have an appointment time; just as in a regular clinic visit. Please call us with your questions at (210)249-4838.
2. Speech Our Speech Therapists are able to offer Speech Therapy services remotely through TeleHealth.
3. Allergy Services Based on the ENT (Otolaryngic) Allergy Academy guidelines, we are recommending that our Allergy Patients switch from allergy shots to allergy drops. We will still be offering allergy shots to those who are unable to switch. Our Allergy Staff can further discuss this and other guideline modifications.
4. Hearing Center Currently, we are offering a free hearing test to those who think they have a hearing loss. Please tell our Patient Care Center regarding this reason for your visit to our Hearing Staff.
Below are our current COVID-19 Coronavirus Screening Protocols:
COVID-19 Coronavirus Notice
- We DO NOT provide testing for the COVID-19 coronavirus
- Have You:
- Been tested for the Coronavirus or have you been in close contact with someone who has been tested for the coronavirus? Yes or No
- Are you a PUI (person under investigation) by the CDC or have you been in contact with a PUI? Yes or No
- Traveled outside the state of Texas in the past 14 days? Yes or No
- Have a Fever Yes or No
- Cough, Shortness of Breath or symptoms of respiratory illness Yes or No
- Body Aches Yes or No
- Flu-like Symptoms Yes or No
- Have you had a recent change in or decreased smell or taste Yes or No
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, contact your Primary Care Physician or the San Antonio Metro Health Department at (210) 207-8876