Allergy - ENT Clinics of San Antonio
What is allergy testing?
An allergy skin test, also called a scratch test, is used to identify the substances that are causing your allergy symptoms. It is performed by applying an extract of allergen to your skin, scratching or pricking the skin to allow exposure, and then evaluating the skin's reaction. Your physician will be notified of the results and appropriate treatment options will be discussed at your follow-up visit.
Most insurance plans are accepted and our office will help you verify benefits prior to your appointment. Please contact your insurance carrier to determine your specific benefits including any deductibles, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket expenses.
As a service to our patients, we offer allergy testing and immunotherapy at 8 of our locations.
- Allergy Skin Testing
- Immunotherapy (Allergy Injections)
- Spirometry - Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
The following information on allergy testing is available for download in Adobe PDF format. To view or print these forms you will need the free Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems, Inc. installed on your computer.
- (PDF) Pre-Allergy Testing Instructions
- (PDF) Medications that Interfere with Allergy Testing
- (PDF) OTC Antihistamines to Stop Prior to Testing
- (PDF) Beta Blocker Release Form
- (PDF) Allergy Testing Frequently Asked Questions
- (PDF) Acknowledgement of Allergy Information
- (PDF) Post Allergy Testing Instructions
- (PDF) Measures to Minimize Dust Mite Exposure in Children